A place to discuss anything and everything that strikes our fancy. Feel free to chime in.

Friday, April 29, 2016

Finding the Best Movie

Hey guys! So, my good friend Eli proposed we discuss the best Pixar movies of all time, thinking it would piss me off. What he didn't realize is I am one of the biggest Pixar nerds ever. I spend much time researching Pixar theory, and trying to make more connections. My favorite Pixar movie is always whatever I am researching at that moment. Right now, my favorite is Finding Nemo, as I am prepping for Finding Dory. #isitjuneyet.  I always go back to Finding Nemo however, as it is difficult to place in the Pixar theory timeline, which touches with the Disney theory timeline, though that is a story from another time. It is most definitely placed after The Incredibles, and I think it is before Toy Story.  But, I also like it because, add far as the Pixar universe goes, it doesn't matter really at all, it could be removed without consequences, even now as we know how it fits. The Lion King, although great, is not technically Pixar, and although it can be placed in Disney theory, it has difficulty finding its place in the Pixar theory. Unlike Belle in Beauty and the Beast, or Jane in Tarzan, which are related through the Duke of weasel town, I mean Weslton, The Incredibles is actually my favorite a lot of the time too, and lays the best back story for the rise of B'nL, Allinol, and the artificial intelligence. See ya and allons-y.

2 comments: