A place to discuss anything and everything that strikes our fancy. Feel free to chime in.

Saturday, April 30, 2016

This is Gunna be Interesting

     I must say that my stance on gun control is the same as Eli's. I do believe that people who want guns for recreation, hunting, and self-protection (although the last use really isn't necessary), should be able to have them. However, people in today's society have access to sub machine guns and guns that belt out bullets at an unbelievable speed. Do we really need those guns? On top of that, people don't even require much of a background check to buy a gun. Do you really want a mentally ill person purchasing a weapon that can shoot hundreds of bullets in a single minutes? Putting that aside, do you even want a mentally ill person purchasing a gun? I think not. Sadly, gun lobbyists seem to ignore this part, and are instead yelling about the Second Amendment when they have a chance. Of course, there are ordinary people who do that as well, and I don't understand why. Do you?

2 comments:

  1. Hey Wolter, While I agree with most parts of this, I feel tat the use of firearms in self defense could cut down on the severity of shootings, as people would be able to take out the shooter before he/she kills more people.

    ReplyDelete