A place to discuss anything and everything that strikes our fancy. Feel free to chime in.

Monday, August 8, 2016

Lets throw a Third Party

Hey guys,
I know most people view voting for a third party candidate as wasting your vote. However, I think this election year, if enough people do vote third party, then it can send a message to the current political system that we don't want anymore of their self-interested politicians. I think that the entire government system in america needs fixing (totally different topic). However if one of the two front runners have to win my choice would be Trump. Before all the hate speech starts, let me explain why. I don't approve of Trump or any of his ideals, especially those involving segregation of minorities. However, I do think that his ideas are so far-fetched that he will have a hard time getting congress to do anything about it. He and Congress will just cancel each other out, causing four years of very little progress. When I think about Hillary, and how she only thinks to complete her own agenda, and her party agenda, she could do a lot of damage by getting elected, because Congress would more likely to agree with her.
-Eli

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you on this one Eli, now is actually the time when most people who are dissatisfied will vote for a third party. More and more people are likely to seek the middle ground in the future, if parties continue on this path of polarized ideals.

    ReplyDelete