A place to discuss anything and everything that strikes our fancy. Feel free to chime in.

Saturday, August 20, 2016

What is with the Gendermandering?

     Hey guys, sorry for the late post, I was a little busy this week. During this topic I would like to say that gender-based partitioning in the workplace or any other professional setting is absurd. If a woman can do the same work as a man, then they should get the same pays, opportunities, and benefits. As Eli has mentioned, in general (I am not saying in all cases) women are physically weaker than men, but if they can do jobs that require physical labor just as well as men, then I say they should be able participate. This goes for any field whether it be physically or mentally demanding
     As for gender based stereotypes, I feel that it is up to each individual person to figure out what they want. In a relationship for example, it should be up to the couple what roles they assign each other. If the man wishes to shoulder the responsibility of asking the woman out, or paying the bills, as tradition goes, then that is their choice. If the woman wants to do it, then by all means I don't think it should be discouraged. What I am trying to get at is that it is up to each individual to figure out what they want socially. Of course it will not be as easy as I make it out to be. After all, people have assigned gender roles since ancient times when the hunting was partitioned for men, and gathering berries was assigned to women. Some people may have a difficult time breaking from it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment